New Band Alert! Egyptian

What happens when two of the sexiest, most captivating singers I know get together to make music? That would be Egyptian, a musical endeavor featuring Aja Volkman (Nico Vega) and Dan Reynolds (Imagine Dragons).

Egyptian doesn’t really sound like either Nico Vega or Imagine Dragons…it’s not so much a band as it is two brilliant vocalists having fun with a keyboard. For those of you who have discovered Aja’s “Stick of Wax” video(as we did), I’d think more in that direction.

I’m not sure what the intentions are here with this side project, but they have quite a few songs up on their myspace. I’ve been listening all day and now consider myself a fan…definately putting this duo on my “watch” list. I just needed to share!

~ Kristen

10 comments on “New Band Alert! Egyptian
  1. Jerko says:

Thanks Kristen. Was looking for this today and it brought me to your site haha. Why didn’t you tell me about it yesterday? huh?

2. Calysta Rose says:

First of all, thank you for providing links to the Egyptian myspace page. I’d first heard of them in another article but there was no link and I was entirely unsuccessful at finding the page myself.

I’ve only recently heard Nico Vega, and am enjoying what I hear there. But I’ve liked Imagine Dragons for awhile and I really wanted to hear this new project. I’m really enjoying the songs they have up. Whatever they end up doing, I hope they make them available for purchase or download in some way.

3. Calysta Rose says:

4. Kristen says:

me too!

5. Kristen says:

me too!

6. Jerko says:

7. Kristen says:

umm…didn’t I? hmm…sorry? 🙂

8. Kristen says:

umm…didn’t I? hmm…sorry? 🙂

9. […] few months back, I mentioned the formation of Egyptian, a side project/collaboration between Nico Vega’s Aja Volkman and […]

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "New Band Alert! Egyptian"
  1. […] few months back, I mentioned the formation of Egyptian, a side project/collaboration between Nico Vega’s Aja Volkman and […]