Favored sons of San Diego have come a long way in the past year or so. To see their unique brand of ground-stomping, soul-stirring folk rock at my favorite festival will be an unforgettable experience for sure, one that I’m looking forward to more than any other at this year’s event.
Catch them Sunday 4pm at The Great Taste Lounge and again at 6:15 at The Sonic Stage.
One of the best shows I’ve been to this year was Needtobreathe at Club Nokia. This band from South Carolina is absolutely perfect for the Bonnaroo audience. I can’t imagine anything but a tent-raising good time.
Catch them at Which Stage Friday at 2pm.
I’ve been itching to see The Lonely Forest again since their record, Arrows, came out last year. This indie rock band from Anacortes, Washington puts on a great live show. I still regret missing them at SXSW two years ago…I will not let an opportunity to see The Lonely Forest pass me by again!
Catch them Thursday 5:30 at This Tent
I’m still buzzing off the We Are Augustines set at Coachella. These boys from Brooklyn made a great impression on me out in the desert. I’m sure they will cast a similar spell on the planes of Tenessee.
Catch them Saturday at The Great Taste Lounge at 10:40 and again on Sunday at the Sonic Stage at 2:15.
5. St. Vincent
I love St. Vincent. Any chance I get to see Annie Clark perform, I will be front and center (well, as much front and center I can manage).
Catch them Friday 7:45 at That Tent
Other acts on my list to see:
- The Avett Brothers http://www.theavettbrothers.com/us/home
- Trampled by Turtles http://trampledbyturtles.com/
- The Civil Wars http://thecivilwars.com/
- Colin Hay http://www.colinhay.com/
- Alabama Shakes http://www.alabamashakes.com/
- Ben Howard http://www.benhowardmusic.co.uk/
- Chappo http://chappomusic.com/
- LP http://www.iamlp.com/splash
- Katie Herzig http://katieherzig.com/
- Sara Watkins http://sarawatkins.com/
See you at The ‘Roo!