I haven’t had much time this week to give many of these a listen, but just in case, you’re looking for some new tunes, here’s what I’d recommend…
Cary Brothers – Let Me Be
Cary Brothers has a knack for writing the saddest songs you’ve ever heard. Heartbreak oozes from every note, but Brothers is able to take this and make it beautiful. I think my favorite is the gorgeous duet, “Disappear” featuring Garrison Starr.
Better Looking People With Superior Ideas – Better Looking People With Superior Ideas
This one was released several months ago, but it just came across my inbox and ears this week, so maybe it’ll be new to you too. The tracks create a very distinct mood…they make me feel like I’m in the middle of watching some obscure art house film about a human falling in love with a robot.
- Snowden – No One In Control
- This Century – Biography of Heartbreak
- Patty Griffin – American Kid
- The Boxer Rebellion – Promises
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City
- Amy Grant – How Mercy Looks From Here
- Laura Mvula – Sing To The Moon
- The Features – The Features
- Bhi Bhiman – Substitute Preacher (covers)