There are quite a few bands that I hope to see this year. Some old favorites, some soon to be too big for me, and some hold the potential to be my next band love. Here are my top 10 acts to see at SXSW 2017:
One of my favorites return to SXSW so you bet they are at the top of my list! Armed with a new EP, Parts of a Flower, that includes one of my favorite Dear Boy songs, “Alluria”, these bittersweet rockers are worth putting down that taco and running across town for.
Lewis did a few songs at Bardot earlier this year and it got me very excited about his forthcoming album, Midnight, out March 24th. I’ve been listening to “Deep The Water” on repeat. I especially enjoy the acoustic version.
Pick any song from this Irish duo’s self-titled EP, press play, and be swept away. If the live show is anything like the EP, Picture This have new favorite band potential.
One of my top 2016 artist comes to SXSW and I will do my best to see this band as many times as I can just to watch the audience fall in love for the first time over and over again. Then we can all sing along the lyrics to “Shine” at the top of our lungs and feel better about the world.
I was able to see these Aussies play an intimate gig at The Echo and I would say they surpassed expectations. Their live show really takes their music to another level and I can’t wait to see them again in Austin!
- Findlay – “Electric Bones” is one of those songs that notice every time it comes on my mix…I’d say that’s a sign that I need to see it performed live.
- James Hershey – saw this guy a couple of years ago and he was great, but his new song, “Everyone’s Talking” takes him to the next level
- Airways – It’s like Twenty One Pilots meets The Neighbourhood? Idk, but this “One Foot” business…I approve!
- The Wrecks – I have had the pleasure of watching this band grow SO much and I can’t wait to see them conquer SXSW…which they will.
- Ocean Park Standoff – “Good News” is so catchy and fun. I need to see what else this group has in store!