Day 1 at SXSW was a rousing success! Don’t have time to write an entire post (as we’re about to start day 2), but here are some of the highligts
* following suggestion of fellow band passenger to go see The Head and The Heart (from Seattle)…they were fantastic! (very Mumford and Sons)
* seeing The Kin (TWICE). They have all new songs that are fantastic. Isaac also used a random pole for a substitute didgeridoo
* discovering the lineup at Lipstick 24 (The Stone Foxes, Empires, Saint Motel, Dead Sara, etc…)
* The Silent Comedy tearing it up at The San Diego Hoe Down
* the massive dance party we created at The Silent Comedy show at The Austin Rox Showcase
* finally seeing AWOLNATION (and living through the riot they nearly brought to Rusty Spurs)
* meeting new people who suggested new bands to check out
* being interviewed by All Together Now Showcase about this website
* ending the evening in a Dead Sara mosh
Today is Saint Patrick’s Day so I’m guessing today will be particularly insane. Who am I most looking forward to? SOOOO Many, but let’s go with Mother Mother who play at Lipstick 24 at 2:30 for the All Rights Reserved Showcase.
You must be logged in to post a comment.